Wednesday 21 March 2012

Spring

Spring in Toronto this year certainly came in a magnificent hurry.  Last week we were wearing our winter coats and this week I have been sending the boys to school in shorts and golf shirts.  I’m amazed by how quickly my garden is blooming and once again this year (please, stop me if you’ve heard this before) I’m going to make that garden wonderful.  I think I might be lying; in a world full of people with green thumbs I would say that mine is maybe purple, red or orange – almost any colour other than green.  My mother once told me that I was a plant assassin; I fear that perhaps she is right.

But regardless of how it goes, I’m trying hard to embrace spring as an opportunity for growth and rebirth and to remember every time that I see something new sprout from under the ground that anything is possible.  If those beautiful flowers can lie dormant, under the cold, hard ground for several months and still find their way out into the sunshine, then surely I can as well.

I think that it’s time to revisit my goals for this year and to start to really think about what it is that I want to accomplish this year and how I envision the end of this year.  Where do I want to be, who do I want to be with and where do I want to be in my life?  I’ve started making lists of various projects that I would like to accomplish this year; just small things around the house.  I want to continue to make that space feel more and more like it’s my home, the home that I alone built for me and the boys.  I’m still confident that it’s going to be a great year, it’s off to a bit of a rocky start, but I still have 9 months to make it great. 

Earlier this week Tosca Reno tweeted “If we feel out of sorts, antsy, restless or weird, look for answers inside not outside.  The answers are in YOU already.  You already know”.  And I think that perhaps I already do.

Remember, every time you see a plant or a flower pushing through the ground, you are as strong and as wonderful as that flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment