Monday 26 March 2012

Forgiveness

I had the hardest time sleeping last night. Yesterday afternoon, while having lunch with someone who has become very important in my life, he told me that I needed to stop being angry about the past. Of course I defended myself and said that I didn't think that I was angry, but last night as I was desperately trying to get to sleep, I couldn't shake the feeling that maybe he was right. Maybe everything that I've been feeling lately can be attributed to anger. I told my friend that I was angry for the boys, but not myself, but the more I thought about it, the more I stared to realize that he was right!


I'm a deep believer in karma, and now I'm seeing that for the past year and a half I have been throwing anger out to the world, and that is what I have been getting back in return. I think I needed the reality check. I don't really have any reason to be angry. My marriage did not work out! Did I want for it to? Probably more than I'll ever want anything again in my life. But I get to be the master of my future; I get to decide how it plays out and whether losing out on my marriage means losing out on my life. So, if my friend is reading this, thank you (yes, I know - you were right). I refuse to let the past guide how I live the future. No more anger, time to offer out forgiveness and to get on with the building of what I know will be a beautiful future.


Enjoy this beautiful day everyone, and if there's someone out there who you need to forgive, do it! Set yourself free!!

No comments:

Post a Comment