Thursday 8 March 2012

Stormy Day

I woke up this morning to a dark, stormy day in Toronto and although I hate to admit it, the weather reflects my mood perfectly!  After almost three weeks with the boys (that's three weeks of crazy evenings, restless nights, hectic mornings and lots of noise) finally got a break last night when the boys went to spend the night at their dads.  This morning I woke up to quiet, a clean house and coffee already brewing in the machine...but I missed the boys.

I wonder sometimes if other parents who share custody feel the same way, desperate for a break and when the break comes, you find yourself desperate for your children.  I felt awful yesterday when I got home from work and Lucas said "we go to Daddy today mommy and you get to have a break".  I'm a little sad that the little monster knows that need a break...today when get home I'm going to make sure that all three boys know that although the break is nice and welcome, I miss them terribly when they are not with me!

Hope the storm passes over soon and the sun comes out!

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment